These tutorials are contributed by the community. New submissions and edits are welcome!
- This is an introductory video to Auth.js for beginners. In this video, it is explained how to set up authentication in a few easy steps and add different configurations to make it more robust and secure.
- Next.js supports multiple patterns for authentication, each designed for different use cases. This guide will allow you to choose your adventure based on your constraints. By Lee Robinson.
- This tutorial walks one through adding Auth.js to an existing project. Including setting up the OAuth client id and secret, adding the API routes for authentication, protecting pages and API routes behind that authentication, etc.
- A tutorial by Arunoda Susirpiala. Checkout GetStarted for more examples.
- Learn how to add Twitter authentication and login to a Next.js app both client-side and server-side with Auth.js.
- This tutorial dives into the ins and outs of NextAuth, including using the Email, Github, Twitter and Auth0 providers in under an hour.
- This tutorial shows you how to jump in and create your own custom login pages versus using the ones provided by Auth.js
- A video tutorial by Xiaoru Li from Prisma.
- Learn how to use Sign-In With Ethereum to authenticate your users with their existing Ethereum wallets - identifiers they personally control.
- Example application: spruceid/siwe-next-auth-example
- Learn how to perform authentication with an OIDC Application in Okta and Auth.js.
In this free course, you'll learn how to build a full-stack app using the following technologies:
- Next.js - The React framework for building the UI of the app and the REST API
- Auth.js - For implementing passwordless and OAuth authentication
- Supabase - For persisting the app data into a PostgreSQL database and storing media files
- Prisma - For making it easy to read and write data from our app from and to the database
The app that we'll work on in this course is called SupaVacation. It is an online marketplace for vacation rentals where users can browse through all the properties for rent, bookmark their favorite ones, and even rent their own properties.
Here's a live demo of the app's final version. It is what your app should look likes after completing this course. Feel free to play with it to get an overview of all the features you'll be working on.
Learn how to implement passwordless/magic link authentication with database storage in your Next.js projects using NextAuth and Fauna DB.
The final version of the project's code can be found on Github. You can use it as a starting point for any Next.js app that requires passwordless authentication.
You can also preview the example live here.
This tutorial covers:
- Configuring Next.js, Auth.js, and Fauna to work together seamlessly
- Using Next.js dynamic API routes to handle authentication requests
- Using Fauna and the Fauna Adapter for
next-authto persist users, email sign in tokens, and sessions
- Creating custom login and confirmation pages with React + Tailwind CSS
- Customizing the sign-in email and sending a welcome email to new users
- In this post, you'll learn how to add passwordless authentication to your Next.js app using Prisma and next-auth. By the end of this tutorial, your users will be able to log in to your app with either their GitHub account or a Slack-styled magic link sent right to their Email inbox. By Xiaoru Li.
- This example shows how to implement a full-stack app in TypeScript with Next.js using Prisma Client as a backend. It also demonstrates how to implement authentication using Auth.js. By Nikolas Burk at Prisma.
- A tutorial by Arunoda Susirpiala.
- Configuring authentication with Azure B2C in Next.js is not a particularly straight forward process. We'll look at how to facilitate this using the Auth.js library. By Ben Fox.
- This tutorial walks step by step on how to get sign in with Apple working (both locally and on a deployed website) using Auth.js.
- Learn how to use Magic.Link authentication with Auth.js to enable passwordless authentication without a database.
- Use a custom database in a Custom Adapter for persisted Auth.js sessions using HarperDB as an example.
- Video tutorial also available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7xBv7sZ8s
- How to set up a PlanetScale database to fetch and store user / account data with the Prisma adapter.